Friday, January 17, 2014

God gave me you

God gave me you
1/5/14

A flutter in my belly was all that I could feel
The day I saw you move made me believe that you were real.
You woke me up constantly for those 3 am snacks
Which was ok with me cause I found the best friend I never had.
My belly grew bigger and my fears grew less
You were growing just fine and I counted myself blessed
But when the moment changed when your life was in the line
The pain of loss consumed me I waited for the worse
But there's this strength within me that's not ready for birth.
Now you are still growing and I'm trying to stand tall
With every kick,  punch and flip flop you remind me why I have to stand strong.
I'm not gonna be the perfect mother and you won't be the prefect son.
But I'm willing to fight for your life now in the womb;  outside of the womb and for your continuance of freedom.
I thought I loved another note than I loved you....
But you are my little miracle my blessing my heart and I'm blessed God gave me you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment