Friday, January 24, 2014

The game

 I may wonder how you're doing
And I'd like to see your face
I want to kiss your lips
And watch the stress melt away
But today I finally realized
I'm just a pawn in your game
You're the king calling the shots
I'm the distressed Dame
You wanted every part of me
To lock me away 
And part of me was okay with that
I chose to stay. 
I gave you my everything
When you just fed me lies
I didn't see it then
But now I see your disguise. 
You faked all your emotions
To make things go your way
You told me that you loved me
Cause it's what I wanted you to say. 
Yet you had someone you "needed" 
And she was your queen
I was just your part time girl
The one you'd see only at night
It's hard for me to hate you
Because right now I just hate me
For being so naive to your game
For being blind and unable to see
I loved you with my whole being
Every ounce of me
And in return I'm paying the price for being dumb. 
I'm better than a pawn 
In your rigged game of chess
I'm stronger than your queen.
I'll survive and progress
Don't you think that because I care 
Means I'll be there tomorrow
I'm blowing this game out the water. 
You lose.  Because I'm finished

No comments:

Post a Comment