Saturday, November 12, 2011

Holding onto a promise

Hebrews 10:23 reads ' Let us old tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise'

This was the new verse of the day for me. With all that is going on in my life theres a moment when i need confirmation that He is still listening. No i'm not saying that i don't believe that he's there and that he's working, it's just a matter of hey there's hope for tomorrow even when today truly doesn't make sense. I've realized that when i say something and people take offense to it and it's not anything that should be taken offense to that its just a sign that God is moving in that person. I am one person. There's not one thing that God can or won't do to make this life more bearable. He will never give us more than we can handle. At this point my life is amazing. I love my job, love the people i'm living with and standing on Gods Cornerstone that he's created for me. Yes there are more times that not that i want to feed my flesh and in some ways i still do. However, if he can deliver me from those ways of sin than i know that he will find a way to keep me from those ways of sin. Just like Satan tempting Job. He took everything from him. his family, his fortune, his friends...everything that could be held dear to us was gone. And yet while the storm was raging around Job HE still PRAISED GOD FOR EVERYTHING!

My challenge is to stand on the promise gave you. Believe that God is going to do it because he is able. Now if it's a wish for riches and fame thats not likely to happen. God doesn't want us to be of the world so we have to step back and figure out what He wants us to do. But For a healing...claim it and believe that it's been done. for restoration/ reconciliation... have faith and know that he's God and all things are possible through Christ. Every moment of every life you can find something that will bless you. It's only a matter of if we can see it.
God is great, but his holy spirit and blessings are so much greater than we can even imagine. So stand on the promise God has presented to you. If it's something that is worldly rethink you choice. God blesses the faithful.
Be strong my brothers and sisters. God is moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment