Thursday, September 17, 2015

Anthem of an independent woman ( some language)

Hey how you doing
my face is up here
it's not on my chest
where you like to just stare
I do have a name
but you have no interest in that
all you're want to know
is when you can get sex
well let me just tell you
you got the wrong one
i'm a woman of power
not a hole to be plugged
i work for everything
that i have in this world
i need NO MAN
to change how I feel
I know that sometimes
i might fuss and might fight
but deep down inside
i'm truly alright
The smile that i wear
is not just for you
i wear if for me
imagine that?
Who knew that i was stronger
than the stereotype out there
i take care of my responsibilities
I have needs be prepared
I'm not some self centered woman
i just know where i've been
i stand on my own feet
i fight til i win
there isn't a time
that you'll see me down
because you don't know where
i've come from
you've not seen my frown
this world is cruel; shattered and torn
to think i'm your property
like a fur coat to be worn
Don't think for one second that you have any clout
just trust and believe
we'll duke it out
I know what a real man is
and obviously you aint it.
so please get to stepping
i aint got time for your shit
I want a man that wants to be kept
and come home to only me
the one that will be there
when shits rough for me
take one look in the mirror
snap a pic or two...
this woman is moving forward
and it surely aint with you.
i'm single and free
a mommy of one
i got no drama
but i'm tons of fun.
I make my own money
i pay my own bills
you keep that drink sweetie....
i'll foot that bill.
I don't need you to tell
i'm pretty and i'm cute
When the right man comes around
i'll know it, no joke
He'll treat me like a Queen
because thats what i deserve
He'll let me be me
He'll hold me when i hurt
He'll love my child truly from the depths of his heart
I aint got no shame in saying
He'd tear you apart.
I do things my way
and i know you aint the one
so just please get to stepping
because today
independence has won!

No comments:

Post a Comment