Saturday, September 26, 2015

Untitled- words from the heart

Let me take a second
and write whats on my heart
there isn't any sadness
it's not been torn apart
You wanted to see me
just the way i am
you wanted to be with me
even with the mistakes I've had
but you didn't want
to hear that someone cared
that someone could love you
that they could understand
you ran out the door
like the house was on fire
you shattered the depths of me
and said you didn't care
And now that i'm standing
alone on my two feet
there's something that i have to say
to end this on the right beat
maybe you aren't ready
because you don't love yourself
maybe the hurt inside you
was something you hadn't felt
the 'L' Word is dangerous
it pushes people away
but deep down I know
that you have so much more to say
I'm not afraid to wait for you
I never ever was
but this time you need to grow up
and learn to be loved
I'm not gonna walk away from you
that's not what friends do
we don't just leave you high and dry
we don't make you kiss our shoes
but for once in your life MAN UP
and hold onto what you want...
because before this year is over
I'll be long gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment