Monday, September 14, 2015

untitled poem

I feel as though my heart
is broken on the floor
we had a wonderful night
then you ran out the door
I know that I'm not
Just another notch on your belt
but with the way that i've been treated
the speculation doesn't help.
You made me feel so beautiful
Strong and at peace
But with the depression in our own lives
There were no words left to speak
I didn't think I loved you
til you said goodbye
and now i'm sitting here wondering
if i should sink or i should fly
The world around me changes
now that you aren't mine
So much that i can't breathe
So much that time has died
I wanted to come home
with your car parked out front
But you're a man of your word
I just got too drunk
I hope you can forgive me
For being who I am.
I hope that you see the real me
The mess who has a plan
The very air in my lungs seems to have gone stale
So goodbye my love, I miss you
I wish you well.

No comments:

Post a Comment