Wednesday, September 9, 2015

summer love

I find myself waiting
for a simply good morning text
to know that you're thinking of me
so i don't have to stress
those texts don't come anymore
and my heart just aches
wishing i could have changed things
wish i didn't make that mistake
You'd tell me i was beautiful
That i lit up your world
that you liked where we were going
that i was your girl
and now i sit here pining
wondering what went wrong
waiting on a miracle
and hope thats come and gone
there is no rhyme or reason
on when we fall in love
the time may not be perfect
we may not fit like a glove
but in my heart i know that
you felt the spark too
that your soul was set aflame
like mine
that you were me and I was you
But now i sit here in the darkness
knowing you won't call
knowing i won't cuddle you
that you have moved on
just know that as these tears fall
that you are on my mind
this summer love is fleeting
that joyous time in gone

No comments:

Post a Comment