Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Reflection on Jeremiah 29:11-13

Jeremiah 29:11-13

11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith theLord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Amongst the many things that are going on in the world this is one verse that always strikes a chord. It's one that when i look at people in my life and i see their struggle it makes me heart hurt. It makes me want to pray more often and be more obedient. I know that is one thing that I struggle with. But as things are broken down here's one way to look at it: God has a plan and purpose for your life. 2. He won't give you more than you can handle. There is a reason that you are going through what your going through 4. Seek his face with your heart and you will find him.

1. God has a plan:
This refers to verse 11. There are trials and tribulations that come into our lives. things we can't control. But when we think about it God already knows what we are going to choose even though he gives us a choice. That raises the question of predestination but that is a whole nother topic that we'll cover  later. This reminds me also of putting on the full armor of God. (
Ephesians 6:10-18) When we put on the armor of God the only part that isn't covered is our back. And if God has our back and we are prayed up in him than the Devil has no place in our lives though he will try to make it difficult. So the question is: Are you trials and tribulations causing you to walk away from God and let the Devil in?

2. He won't give you more than you can handle:
This one pretty self explanitory. Though we feel like our plates are over flowing sometimes it's just a test for God. It's a test to see how faithful we are. Take Job for example. He was an upstanding man of God. He lost everything. He was tested and tried and still praised God through the storm. No he wasn't perfect. But he still trusted God enough with everything on his plate and in his life to know that God was with him and he got back everything 10 fold. So this question is: Are you praising Him through your storm? Everything happens for a reason:
There is a season for everything. There's a time for everything. We just have to realize what season we are in. Abraham wanted children. Sarah wanted children. But it wasn't the right season. when she gave Abraham her hand maiden in the wrong time Hagar, bore a son. Ishmael. Sarah became mad. But still in her old age God gave her a son, Isaac. Both boys were given a purpose by God. One because Hagar was faithful; and because Abraham and Sarah didn't wait for the right season. But still God granted them a purpose to do what He wanted them to do. They chose to follow God. So no matter what 'bad' happens know that God has a plan.

3. Seek me:
It's simple. It may not always look simple but when we seek God with all our hearts and do his will; call upon his name...he hears our cries. he knows what he wants us to do and we have to choose to obey or not obey. things are much more difficult when we don't obey than when we do. Now when we do things may not be easy.The narrow path isn't always the easy path. But it is the one that is most rewarding to us. Matthew 11:29-30 says:  Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

What more do we need? Seek God? or Run from him?


this is more of a devotion for myself. I needed to research and build up my own encouragement in the Lord. There's a journey and road ahead of me and i don't know what lay ahead. But i'm trusting God to do what is necessary in my life to help me to continue to soar. So please ask yourself these questions and reflect on your own life. :) the world is a great big place and we can trust God or perish in flames. your choice. my choice. our choice!

Be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment