Sunday, February 3, 2013

Remember me this way

Watching the snow come down
my mind is in a fog
there are so many people that I love
it makes me sing songs
I wonder every day
what it would be like
if someone had forgetting
who i am in my life
I want to be remembered
as a good friend to all
even if your my enemy
you know i'd take your fall
i've broken many hearts
and i've lied to many too
i've been stuck down in the dumps
and truly come unglued
but i'm finding in my heart
that i won't be forgotten
even if it means i'm just out of sight
i know that time will heal my lot
That God will make me bright
But i pray that you don't forget
don't forget who i am
don't remember the hurt i placed on you
don't remember where i've been
I can't change my yesterdays
but i'm keeping faith today
my tomorrows are never promised
but just remember me this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment