Sunday, February 24, 2013

The inner me

Watching the seasons begin to change
The ground is thawing and no longer feels dead
it's like the new beginning to open our eyes
to see the truth of whats inside
I didn't think that I would make it
Standing on my own
but suddenly i feel liberated.
I feel stronger now that i'm alone
I know that may not mean much
but to me it's changed my life
i can do all the things i wanted
without being brought down with strife
My life never really started when i had to watch my back
And though things have been forgotten
I've learned to live my life
I see a whole new world now
filled with many colors
it's a range of all the great things
With a mysterious wonder
I'm not afraid to be hurt anymore
i'm not someones door mat
I'm persevering through the pain
I'm beautiful and philanthropic.
I don't need anyone to tell me who I need to be
I don't need to be isolated because they don't trust themselves with me
I was the other woman; I was the one girls feared
but now i see that my life is better
because now i see clear.
I see the deception around people
I see them for who they are.
I'm not backing down from who i am
Because when i was lost
God was the one i found.
so gently put into simple words
I enjoy being me.
I'm glad i went thru what i had to
to discover the inner me!

No comments:

Post a Comment