Monday, October 3, 2011

Good Morning Monday

Hey Ya'll. How re you on this cool Monday morning? I hope all of your are blessed. I was awaken about 5:45 this morning so I read the book of Ephesians. Its an interesting book to say the least. Its about Paul writing to the people of Ephesus and telling them in a letter what and how they are to becme better christians and follow Christ. The part of this book to me that is so fascinatin is the part where it says put on the full armor of God. Ephesians 6: 10-20 reads
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord's people. Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

The long and short of all this is be an upright standing citizen. Do what is rightwheever you are being watched and when you aren't. For God is always watching. Be vigilant in the Lord for he is the one who will take care of you. He's the one who holds our tears in his hand and counts them. I wrestled with this, this morning because in 5 days time I move back to WV. That is where my husband resides. I haven't seen him in 2 months. Everything that can come against me now coming ganst me. But I ask you: if our God is for us than who can stop us? If our God I with us than who can stand against? Jesus died on calvary to save a sinner like me. Yes I sin like everyone lse in the world. But now I consider myself blessed. The day has just begun and I'm excited to see what God has in store for me. I'm excited to put my feet on the floor so that the devil knowsim awake. I'm excited to get up and pray and get on my knees to worship God. This transformation was inward. Some people close to me have seen it and don't understand what's happened to me. Others think that this is just a phase to win back what I've lost. Well I've got news for you doubters: this is the new Netty! If you don't like her than you never knew her to begin with. I am completely in love with who I am. I am walking in stride with God and there is not a thing in the world I would sacrifice to lose God in my life again. I've been in the dark cold and alone. I've been used ad abused. I've done drugs and drank my fair share. I have tattoos and piercings. I was suicdal. And if it weren't by the grace of God I would have been dead a long time ago. Thank God orprayr and people who care about me praying! Those prayers kept me from making a temporary problem a permanent solution! The storm is ragin about me and I'm so glad that God has calmed his child. I put on my full armor of God and I am living proof that a transformation can take place!
For now: read ephesians 6:10-20 I provided it above if you don't have a bible. And ask yourself this...how can I improve my life by putting on the full armor of God? Do I have the faith to be a follower? Have I gotten on my knees and prayed and thanked God for my troubles and for th breath in my body?
Think long an hard. Being a christian is a lifestyle in not just a commitment. You have to believe in what you can't see,what you can't explain, and what is truly the most scary yet, rewarding life we as humans can have.

With love I leave you,
Netty

If you have any questions email me: nsouthern14@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Amen Sweetie!! So glad to see you have your A-game on for God again! No matter what trials the enemy brings...we have read the end of The Book and WE WIN!!!!!!!! Love ya and can't wait to see you next week =)

    ReplyDelete