Saturday, October 20, 2012

Hardest Goodbye

People say that life should be simple. Keep things in check. Do what's right. They tell you all the positives but most of the time don't follow up with the negatives. I guess in that case i'm a slow learner.
This will be the last post that i do that has to do with my ex husband. I said goodbye today. Maybe not to his face because i couldn't do it without crying but I feel almost disengaged. It had to be done as most of you will say. it's time for my life to start. It's time to focus on God and to leave him out. well here's whats on my heart...


I waited in the rain today
and was chilled to the bone
I had to see that handsome face
smiling as usual.
My nerves have drove me batty
and my knees like to shake
I hate myself everyday
for those stupid mistakes
The wind was whipping fiercely
as i waited for you to come
Goodbye wasn't even the words i could say
I felt all undone.
i'm done with all the games now
the drama and the hate
but still inside my heart
you'll be hard to replace.
I'm standing on my own two feet
and can barely make ends meet
It's just a weird twist of fate
that seems to be filled with hate
I wanted to say i'm sorry
i wanted to steal a hug
but i turned and walked away quickly
So you couldn't see my face
Thank the Lord for the rain
as the tears began to flow.
Goodbye was all i could whisper
but it was too low.
A part of me feels liberated
emancipated from you
but still Goodbye wasn't easy.
It's time to let you go.
Please forgive my mishaps
please forgive the lies
You'll always be the first man
that i could see forever in your eyes
I hope that your happy
atleast you seem to be
but our book is finished...
So Goodbye....
and don't forget me.

No comments:

Post a Comment