Sunday, October 14, 2012

Winning or losing

Mark 8: 36
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?


Thats my verse of the day. The more i think about the events of my life the more i keep coming back to what am i gaining in this and what am i losing. I mean seriously. When we seek wisdom we go to the elderly people...because they have lived their lives and been through more than we can even understand. Also when we seek wisdom we go to people who have been in similar situations. But in the end it's our choice what we choose to do.
Jeremiah 29: 11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
That to me says I know what I want for you. I have predestined your life and I want it to be filled with peace. God doesn't want us to fail. Yet, we choose the easy route all the time.
There are many things that i've done wrong to a lot of people. And the person that i did the most wrong to was my ex husband. No, i'm not saying he was right 100% of the time...but a good 85% he was.  In a lot of ways, i think that divorce is really just an excuse to find someone new have sex with them and possibly make a future. No i'm not saying thats what happened between us; but in a lot of relationships it is. We aren't settled with the good things we have...so we seek it elsewhere. We don't want to be necessarily with the same person for the rest of our lives though many have the drive to do it. We go in not expecting things to change but they do. And when they do it's like a sad dose of reality. I know most of you are thinking what am i getting at?

To the Mark 8: 36- What did i profit? I gained the world. What did i lose? My dignity, my pride, my self-respect; my heart; my home; my children...etc. I lost everything.
It's so easy to say hey, i'm going to start over and i know that my glass is half full. but when you truly think about it your glass is half empty and the glass itself is broken and leaking. But through all these different ordeals i've been thru, I can still say i'm blessed.
God isn't done with me I'm a work in progress.
So ask your self  are you winning or losing? And with either answer 1. what needs to be changed? 2. is it worth it? am i glorifying God thru it all?

No comments:

Post a Comment