Thursday, October 4, 2012

Quitting you

I stood in this moment
gazing at the stars
a gentle kiss upon my next
reminded me where we are
the kind caresses
the endless days of sleep
I need to quit this feeling
before i'm in to deep
I really miss the laughter
the gaming and the drives
but it's time to stop pretending
that you are still mine
I have to get up each morning
and wish you away
I have to sleep each night
on the other side of the state
I'm really going to quit you
good things do come to an end
I have to stop pretending that
somehow we can be friends
My heart is changing now
that we aren't what we were
And deep down
i believe i quit you
though to me it seems absurd.
My own home is coming together now
I'm standing on my own
it's official that i've quit you...
even when i didn't know how.
The love that i once shared for you
is like a distant drum
it's fading into the background
of who i have become
I'm gonna be just fine
don't worry about me
the best thing that we could have ever done
was quit being you and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment