Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Courage is fear on its knees

  I've realized lately that I've been  making all kinds of excuses in my life. More excuses than are necessary. Plus it seems to me that my problems are all matters of the heart. I'm reading a book called The Fiddler by Beverly Lewis. It's a fantastic book. It's helping me open my eyes to so many things that i didn't want to take the time to see. It talks about that connection when you first meet someone; the differences in upbringings and cultures; When to know that you truly love someone; and when your willingly sinning so you don't have to hear the flack from other people even though it's not what God has willed us to do.
I find it fascinating that God is showing me my wrongs through a book. I'm truly between a rock and a hard place. My heart is telling me one thing and my mind that seems to be more vengeful as of late is telling me something different. Gods told me to hold on to what he's promised me and i'm still trying to take things into my own hands. I've laid down my heart...now i have to let him work.

The quote from the book Courage is Fear on its Knees... reminds me of us in our christian walk. We are weak and God helps make us strong. It helps us on this journey in life and it helps open our eyes to all the wonderful blessings that God has bestowed upon us. Just yesterday i couldn't find my drivers license. I know go me! lol. But I said a prayer and asked God to help me find it and He did. I just had to take the time and trust that he was going to direct my past. I'm having a hard time with temptation. I know i am. But i'm reading the word and doing my best not to give into it. I don't want to keep looking in my rear view mirror. I want to look straight ahead and He has blessed me with the best friends a girl could as for. They know me like a book and know when my heart is hurting and they pray with me when i need it and cry with me and bring chocolate when i'm upset. ( like that doesn't fix things...) But they are the blessings that i've been looking for. I need more of God and less of me. This is my life and i choose what i'll do with it but i also have to go when He tells me too.


The challenge today is to find your inner courage. Right what wrongs have been done. And pray for the courage and the strength for God to give you the words to speak only what he would like you to speak. And stay on your knees in prayer until something happens.


Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment