Thursday, October 4, 2012

The truth shall make you free

This is one of those things that i have been grappling with here lately. John 8:32 says: And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free...

It's been going thru my head more so now than ever. There are so many truths i know that i just keep pushing out of my head and i know that in the end i was wrong but then it's like i'm lying to myself and to the others who would be hurt by knowing the truth. So what do i do? Do i tell them the truth or do i just sit on it and let time play out the feat thats going to happen when they eventually find out? I'm not sure. I just know that the truths that are within my heart would hurt a lot of people. But at the same time it's something that i've hidden for so long that if someone asks me i already have a rehearsed answer. Does that make me wrong? I've growing leaps and bounds but at the same time its like i'm standing still. I'm standing in the very place that i've been so long that i don't know which way to turn to and what the right thing to do is. 
It also says in the bible that who the son sets free is free indeed. And i know that i'm free but i still feel somehow bound to the wrongs that i have in my life. Doing the right thing ruins relationships with people i truly care about and have hurt in the past. Yet, sitting on the truth and not telling isn't that also hurting the relationship? A lie is a lie is a lie... But what do we sacrifice in order to tell the truth?

In my opinion if we are to be like Christ then we should always tell the truth no matter how much it's going to hurt that person. It may make them hate us but in the end then we do not have a grudge against our brother. And we did it the respectful way to tell the truth. 

Do whats right today because if tomorrow doesn't come then we made amends.

No comments:

Post a Comment