Sunday, November 11, 2012

Memories

It's funny when a memory
dances in your mind
a funny little quirk you know
a joke or funny rhyme
they come and go so frequnetly
wasting precious time
but when all my memories
remind me of what was mine
the days she played outside
or when he scraped his knee
and the time she gave a big hug
the day she said she loved me
those times are so amazing
but the time just slips away
then we search for the photography
cause we don't want to be dismayed
I remember my little mud bugs
and dancing in the rain
catching all those salamanders
the frogs that we had named
The times seem so far away
when that joy streaked through my heart
when she'd be bad and sit time out
i wanted to break apart
for every little tiny thing
they did to make me mad
the anger always dissipated
when puppy dog eyes and she'd say i wont be bad
the best of all the memories
was when you took her in your arms
held like you'd never let go
like she was always ours
she fit so wonderfully in your arms
and matched you step for step
a daddy and daughter were as one
even though you just met
the goofy days at the park
even when she'd throw her fits.
watching her leave ripped me apart
and suddenly i lost my wits
i love you was all i could manage to say
as tears streamed down my face
my baby girl taken away
her life uprooted again
it's so funny how a memory
is like a shooting star
it burns so brightly across our minds
and yet it still seems so far
So cherish every moment
cause soon it will be gone
and with love keep remember
the memories that made us who we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment