Friday, November 30, 2012

Second Hand White Baby Grand

Second Hand White Baby Grand
Musical: Smash

My mother bought it secondhand from a silent movie starIt was out of tune but still I learned to playAnd with each note we both would smile forgetting who we areAnd all the pain would simply fly awayChorus:Something secondhand and broken still can make a pretty soundEven if it doesn't have a place to liveOh, the words were left unspoken when my momma came aroundBut that Secondhand White Baby Grand still had something beautiful to giveThrough missing keys and broken strings the music was our ownUntil the day we said our last goodbyesThe baby grand was sent away, a child all alone, to pray somebody else would realizeChorus:That something secondhand and broken still can make a pretty soundEven if it doesn't have a place to live]Oh. the words are still unspoken now that momma's not aroundBut that Secondhand White Baby Grand still has something beautiful to giveFor many years the music had to roamUntil we found a way to find a home.So now I wake up every day and see her standing there.Just waiting for a partner to composeAnd I wish my mother still could hearThat sound beyond compareI'll play her song till everybody knows.Chorus:That something secondhand and broken still can make a pretty soundDon't we all deserve a family room to liveOh. the words can't stay unspoken until everyone has foundThat Secondhand White Baby Grand that still has something beautiful to give.I still have something beautiful to give


I had the feeling that lately i was just second rate. I was in one of my musical moods and I stumbled upon this song. And it just opened my heart that just because we are broken or have been broken that we still have beauty within us. It's reassuring that we can overcome things. That no matter if we have no home; are broke; lost everything that we love; lost the people we love...God still loves us so much that we deserve to believe in ourselves that even though the world sees us as second rate...that we are still number one in Gods eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment