Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Standing up


I downloaded this song a long time ago and i never really understood the words behind it. It just kind of hit me this morning like a ton of bricks. I mean i know that there's a storm ragin around me but i mean really what am i holding on to? Why am I clinging to a hope that in most peoples eyes is lost? Why do I care about him so much that I have to take the time not to cry myself to sleep? How do I stand up?then i got back to thinking about people in the bible. Well mostly women in the bible that have done such great things but still stood when they needed too. My favorite one to follow is Esther.Esther 7:1-6
 So the king and Haman came to banquet with Esther the queen.
And the king said again unto Esther on the second day at the banquet of wine, What is thy petition, queen Esther? and it shall be granted thee: and what is thy request? and it shall be performed, even to the half of the kingdom.
Then Esther the queen answered and said, If I have found favour in thy sight, O king, and if it please the king, let my life be given me at my petition, and my people at my request:
For we are sold, I and my people, to be destroyed, to be slain, and to perish. But if we had been sold for bondmen and bondwomen, I had held my tongue, although the enemy could not countervail the king's damage.
Then the king Ahasuerus answered and said unto Esther the queen, Who is he, and where is he, that durst presume in his heart to do so?
And Esther said, The adversary and enemy is this wicked Haman. Then Haman was afraid before the king and the queen.

This passage shows that She made a banquet for the King and Haman his second in power so to speak. She spoke boldly to her husband the King and in the midst of it laid out the truth because she was a Jew that she would be destroyed. In the end Haman is hanged. 
I want to be able to speak with a boldness like that. I want to be able to say  this is wrong and I won't stand for it. I may not be out of Love with my ex husband but I know what is right and what is wrong. And in the process of working out and shooting for the other galaxies...I've found that I don't need to be bound to a man that doesn't believe what i believe. I don't need a man that is going to fluctuate from day to day on what he believes or to be blinded by what wrongs have been done. Don't bring up what God has already forgiven me for. For I will stand and I know that the problem isn't with me. So from this point on...I will stand!

Stand up
Jennifer Hudson

Said I, I, II never meant to hurt youBut you didn't even tryTo take away my painOr dry my weeping eyesCause you can'tCan you baby?Keep doing me wrongAnd I won't accept it no more
You had me so caught up babyHad me so blindEverything was about youI put all my needs asideSo go back to herStop wasting my timeCause I'm gonna, I'm gonnaI'm gonna stand up
(Stand up)I'm tired of being let downTakes a damn foolTo keep you aroundGonna stand upOn my two feetCause I don't need youTo make me complete
See, I had to learn the hard way[ From: http://www.metrolyrics.com/stand-up-lyrics-jennifer-hudson.html ]That you were doing meYou were doing me wrongI'ma stand upYou left me aloneAnd gave me the power to finally stand up
(Stand up, damn fool)To keep you around gonnaStand upOn my two feetCause I don't need you to make me complete
To all my ladies and my girlsKnow that he's not your worldDon't be afraid to leaveCome on ladies sing with me
And stand up (Stand up, damn fool)I'm gonna stand, I'm gonnaStand upOn my two feetCause I don't need you (I don't need you)To make me complete (I won't need you)
Stand up (I won't miss you around oh baby)(Damn fool) I'd be a damn fool to keep you aroundStand up(I'll stand up)I don't need you to make me complete

No comments:

Post a Comment