Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Blink of an Eye

It's funny how things change
in the blink of an eye
that decisions we make can mold us
make us foolish or make us wise
I thought that things would be different
that i'd have a gaggle of kids
but instead i'm Military bound
To serve and protect the lives we live
I wanted to blame someone
Especially my God.
I didn't want to admit
that I was wrong with things in my life
I sabotage the good things
then can't let them go
I hold onto the bad things
this is just an awful cycle i know
I shifted my life in circles
I wanted to make everyone pay
So I said and did things that I wasn't suppose to
To make them feel my pain
In the end i've realized that
this is my destructive path
That i may be hurting others
but i'm ripping away the good that i have
I want to see the sunshine on these darkened days
 I want to catch the fireflies after the summers rain
I want to see the stars as beautiful as they are
I want to hear the laughter as the children play in the yard
the scales are slowly falling
from my eyes so I can see
That with everything that happened yesterday
this is where i'm meant to be.
Time is always constant
but we as a people we change
so I give my Lord my everything
because these mistakes, these mishaps, these trials
keep making me strong.
I'll admit that some days are harder
but I'm keeping my head up
And God is making me stronger
So i will get thru this test!

No comments:

Post a Comment