Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Me and the Lord

Listenin to the music
that sets my soul aflame
deep within my stomach
the butteflies they came
i don't know what it is
that sets my spirit free
something deep inside me
makes me happy to be me
i remember when i started
to sing the lullabies
to rock the children gently
hold them close when they cry
It gave me a purpose
to keep singing my song
hope that tomorrow
i could help make them strong
but as they got older
the music seemed to change
more focused on my heart
more focused on the pain
i didn't sing the children to sleep
i didn't sing at all
i felt all hope was lost
til i truly found the Lord
And though i don't praise him enough
the songs remain the same
the soothing of my heart
the lullabies they came
not to calm a child
but to calm my very soul
that deep within my heart
my soul began to glow.
So with every nightmare
i sing me back to sleep
the lullaby of peace
a lullaby of grace
He holds me in his arms
and keeps me safe and warm
no other man do I need
it's just Me and the Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment