Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Today is Mine

Taking that step
moving along
keepin my head up
trying to be strong
the day is mine
to conquer with you
there's no need to cry
i refuse to be blue
I can sing all the songs
that make me upset
but instead
i'm standing with
no regrets
The day is mine
i'm getting through
though my minds
all jumbled
with whats left to do
i can't live my life
under a microscope
i can't take back the
things that i've wrote
the bridges i've burned
there was a point
theres no blame to place
for all the hurt
i'm just being me
the only way that i know
not falling on my face
or putting people low
the chapter is ended
i'm turning the page
I'm living for me
cause
there's no day but today.
so please
don't let me stop your life
because i'm living with
hurt and strife
I'll survive and so will you
the joy that i'm making
is through the steps i've had to take
through the pain i had to feel
through all my mistakes
the day is mine
and i'll live it as i see fit
and for you haters...
get over yourselves
Cuz i'm done with you
this is my life
not yours
I'm going to rise to greatness
and you'll have nothing to do with it.
SO i'll keep taking that step
moving ahead
not looking back
not being sad
i'll be just fine...
I always am
but don't you forget it
Today is mine

No comments:

Post a Comment