Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Lots of poems

So over the next few days i'll probably be posting a bunch of stuff. So I will date them and I will post them so everyone can see because it just makes me realize that I think i have enough poems to write a book. I hope you enjoy.

Shadows 
Shadows dance across the room as the ghosts of the past haunt my present.
Slowly but surely time will tell that these tears are not in vain
Yet, if these tears are falling why am i haunted if they aren't in vain?
I stand here in awe of the world
In awe of where i started and whre i'm at know and i'm numb
Things go well for so long and then it stops...
time doesnt stop but the good feelings do.
All at once i'm left lonely with an imaginary thought of what I think the world should be
In awe? No! In tears and slowly retreating to my personal haze.
Atleast in my haze it's still rainbows and butterflies.
Shadows dance across my room as the ghosts of the past haunt my present....

Time in the Past 12/08

Lounging quietly in the sun 
holding hands and goofing round 
gentle smiles stream across the faces 
lots of kisses in goofy places 
falling asleep upong your chest 
listening to your heartbeat and getting rest 
the foreign places we both did go 
the silent vows that were amazingly so 
the fights your parents go in cause of me 
the place in her heart that i could never be 
I gave my all and failed miserably 
i wanted to freedom and you wanted peace 
i drank all night i smoked and danced 
you stayed routed in the bible and made a stance 
you stood for more then everyday life 
I was young and stupid and i paid the price. 
with agony and pain that welled up inside 
it just that time we had to say goodbye 
you used me so and i do too. 
i learned to run but couldn't hide from you 
you saw through me into my soul 
i hated you so much that i became teh whore. 
I wanted you more then words could say 
but you wouldn't give me the time of day. 
A trip to the past 
a time to forget 
a time to relive to grow and to quit 
with out as much as a trace 
we both grew up 
and i wanted to say that i love you and 
i'll never forget. 

Bottom of the bottle 12/08

I've tried to find comfort in many things.
Ive ran around the blocks to see what i could see.
And I turn my life upside down.
But returned to the bottle that was emptied on the ground

And i tried to expose myself so the world could see
I tried hide smile and look so mean
And i've shatter friendships that were fake to begin with
But still that bottle kept me from seeing his wick.

Too many times i've fallen 
too manys times things don't work
That bottle kept feeling alive
But at the bottom of the bottle
when the world showed no hope
at the bottome of the bottle 
I've found something more.

I went to church today and the preacher spoke to me
He said my sister i see your struggling
Your like struggling like me.
But find your comfort 
in his awe forgiving Grace
just lay burdens 
through off worldly stuff
and pray with me

So i prayed for forgiveness
and for a clean heart
I cried tears i hadn't 
and said words i never spoke
And the preacher held my hand 
that day when i gave my life to Jesus

No bottom of bottles
no coming down from a high
no more walks around block this life.
I'm under his shadow.

Sisters til the end 07/08

Sisters til the end
always have my back
and always a friend
they capture all things
with the palm of their hands
i'm so glad to say 
todays the day that
i thank you my sister my friend

When times are rough
and darkness fills the sky
when my heads down and
i'm hurt from the ride
you stand beside
encouraging me along
to see the sunshine
though the dark thats all around

your my sisters til the end
always have my back
and your always a friend
you capture all things
with the palm of your hands
i'm so glad to say that 
todays the day that
I thank you,
My sister, my friend

Although we argue, we fuss and we fight
we may be angry overnight
but i know that when tomorrow comes
through good times and bad times
I'm never alone

Sisters, 
Sisters til the end
you always got my back and 
your always my friend
you capture all things 
in the palm of your hands
i'm so, so glad to say that 
todays the day that i 
say 
Thank you,
Thank you,
Thank you
My sister, My friend

Naked 06/08

the sun blazes outside
and inside it's no better
the air conditioner is broke
the fans blowing hot air
the room swelling with heat
and we are stuck at home
slowly but surely clothes disappear
shoes,
socks,
shorts,
t-shirts...
down to the underwear.
and it's still hot
you can feel the sweat pouring down your back
beading silently into a pond on the couch
one last hope
ice.
maybe if we just put the ice on our heads
the heat won't melt to fast
quick to the fridge we run
pulling open the door to find...
no ice cubes
disappointed, we saunter back to the couch
with a painful 'ugh' we plop our bottoms down
so much for that idea,
someone mutters.
it is time...
the time we bear our souls to each other
the time we open up ourselves to those around us
hoping they don't get a look at our goods.
hoping that they don't laugh at what they see
the underwear comes off and still
the sweat pours down,
the heat beams through the window
there's still no ice in the freezer
and we sit there warn out and
naked!

A New Beginning 03/08


Things have shifted
time stands still
i can be myself 
and still feel real

Life is sweeter
grace filled and pure
I see in him
who i want to be

A new beginning
has finally arrived
This is nothing more
than a gift from above
a new beginning 
just me and him
to be loved
and cherished 
from deep within
Todays the day my life begins
a new beginning. 
Just me and him.

Caught 08/07

I feel like i'm runnin down hill
my feet pumpin
my heart racing 
sweat pourin down my face
I feel like i'm an avalanche.
I can feel things gathering up aroun me
but i'm in that downward spiral
Love!
I am so head over heels
so smitten
so unjealous
so filled with God
that if he asked me to marry him
I'd gladly agree.

I LOVE HIM! 
He's made my walk with God
So much easier
so much more fulfillin
and the funny part is
He loves me too.

Crumpled Piece of Paper

I write down these feelings on a
crumpled piece of paper.

It's soaked wit my mind
my heart
my tears....

time doesn't stop this ache
it' just slows the process
of me getting over love.


no matter what happens these
tears stream down my cheeks
i'm just blasted
with the thought
that i can't smell your cologne
or touch your skin
taste your lips
or even look into your eyes

my senses are going nuts
they ponder of the thought that once was
instead i'm making paper balls 
of the feelings that i still have for you

i sit here wide awake 
wondering why I linger
I linger in the darkness 
covered in my own tears
there's no hope for us.
there's not a single ounce of prayer
that could take away this pain
instead i'm comforted by the tears
by the thought,
and by the hopes of what once was.

Surrounding my heart
is one thing though
A crumpled piece of paper
with feelings of my love for you.

Heart Race 07/07

I met you while we were playing with kids
i didn't know someone loved them like i did
I smiled sweetly and cracked jokes on you
Hopefully to my surprise i didn't make you blue

My heart was wrenched when i walked away
i just wish i could have just stayed
But when i got home all i could see is your face
Which made me giddy and light headed like i was from outer space.

I fell in love from the moment I met you
I disappeared in my daze
I was surprised to find out really soon
That you felt the same way
I fell in love with a glimpse of your face
But all I knew was my body couldn't keep up with my heart race

We hung out a lot with no time to waste
But I sometimes bugged me your slow walking pace
When my sisters decided that you were hot
I didn't know what I was going to say in the hot spot

You kissed me softly as it began to rain
There were no signs of sadness anger or pain
I want to be with you now and forever
Yet, I still want this relationship to be cute and clever

I fell in love from the moment i met you
I disappeared in my daze
I was surprised to find out really soon
That you felt the same way
I fell in love with a glimpse of your face
But all i knew was my body couldn't keep up with my heart race 

No comments:

Post a Comment