Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Unwritten Song-

We know all words
we know all the notes
we stand for what we believe
yet we fall for whats worse

The unwritten song
sits in our mind
a shadowed witness
that can change our lives
though the times do change
our minds are the same
it's the unwritten song 
still waiting to be written

I had a vision
a man was at war
he stood on the battle field
bloodied and sore
my heart went to him
though he did not know my name
a silent tear had fallen down his dirty face
he looked into the heavens 
ask the lord why?
And then he nodded in acknowledgment 
saying i know i'm gonna die
and the Lord simply spoke to him
and calmly did he say

You are the hope of the future
The star that gleams in the sky
you are the world to someone
and the world you vowed to protect
I empower you my soldier 
I give you strength a love.
I'm standing her beside you
I'm catching all your blood. 
Know that today will not be your last day
For i know what tomorrow holds
you are the hope of the future
A soldier to the world

No comments:

Post a Comment