Sunday, December 16, 2012

Never knew you

What happened to the good times
the ones i used to love?
The moments of pure bliss
the ones sent from above?
I dno't remember them now
they have all faded away
I don't remember what I loved about you
Everything has gone gray.
But i do remember the hole
in the bedroom wall
where you got so mad you punched it
and I cried through it all
I remember being left behind
walking on the trails
I remember the day you slammed me
hard against the railing
i didn't even move a muscle
those moments were scary
Its hit and miss with the starlight
The good memories are like shooting stars
They come and in a moment they are gone
And those moments are the ones that break my heart.
I dont remember walking down the isle
or what your face looked like
I dont remember your cologne
or how you held me on stormy nights
The pain is all that remains
deep within my heart
But those memories are what i remember
of how we fell apart.
I knew i was never good enough
to be your loving wife
no matter what i supported you in
I was just the nagging type.
Your house wasn't spotless
And my cooking wasn't good
I know that most of the car rides
I was cornered by your angry mood
So tell me what should i remember?
The bad things about you?
It's gonna have to be the only thing i have
because it turns out that I never knew you.

No comments:

Post a Comment