Friday, December 14, 2012

Soldier in The United States Army National Guard

I know that these past few weeks as I have written have been trying and emotional and making me push myself to the limit. For those of you who don't know already...I am now officially a Soldier in the U.S Army National Guard. Something that I truly wasn't sure that I could even get past the test. I've heard the comments of me being stupid, and going to fail and never going to complete anything but now this is going to be my life. This is going to be my world. This is what I killed myself to do. Not because I couldnt but because where I'm at in life; I couldn't see my way out of a brown paper bag. I signed up...and we are at war! We are in a time when we need strong willed people to be willing to defend the country and liberties that we have. It's not about what i want now. It's about what I want for everyone else. It's a protection and an honor that I will be willing to soar in this occupation. I may not make a whole lot more money. I may not live in the best house. I may not even drive the best car. But i know that I know that I know that God made this possible. He blessed me in such a way that I am willing to sacrifice everything I am for you.

I needed to do this. Someone i care about asked me if I was running again. And I asked him well...what do I have here? Whats in WV for me? His answer: you have a job, a working vehicle a roof over your head....food in your fridge....And i said and What do i really have? There is truly nothing left for me in WV. But the good news is I'm still staying here. I'm staying in state. I'm not going anywhere as of yet because this is still my home. However; Its a home now that I'm willing to defend tooth and nail and even with my life. I don't feel that it's running. I believe that it's more standing for what you believe in and protecting what you love.

So prays are appreciated. But know that I love you all. And now i'll do anything I can to protect the freedoms we have!

1 comment: