Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Wedding dress

I looked at my wedding dress
it brought back memories.
ones that i had forgotten
ones that made my happy
I forgot the antique beading
and the lacy sleeves
i forgot about the blue cake icing
that he wiped on my sleeve
I remember picking it out
just my sister and me
I thought itd take forever
to find the one that fit perfectly
I was nervous and anxious
so proud to be engaged
i never thought in a thousand years
that i'd be marrying a country man
We picked a few dresses
but this one caught my eye
the ivory colored material
the beading and the size
I was so excited
when i got to take it home
the dress fit so perfectly
I would be the bride
no one would know
The day i walked down the isle
to see my husband to be
I was surprised he had a tie on at all
or matching shoes on his feet
The moment he put that ring on my finger
the whole world seemed to change
The day i became a Mrs.
I wanted things to never change
It's funny when a memory
reminds you of all that was.
I have to let go of this old Wedding dress
But I can't just yet.
Deep inside of me
i know that things are done
but this was the one piece of me
that doesn't have me undone
so for today i have this wedding dress
with the antique beading and lace
It sits in my closet as a reminder
That one decision can change your fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment